Do you know..
Varicose Veins are NOT reversible unless through invasive surgery?
Compression Stockings are the most effective treatment for varicose veins
Compression Stockings enhances circulation and reduces leg pain and discomfort
You CAN resolve Tired and Sore Legs at the end of work
Exercise performance and recovery can be improved on top of your training?
What People Say about us
"As a structural engineer, I spend hours on my feet every day. Over time, I developed leg and foot pain that made it hard to do my job. My doctor prescribed compression socks, and I found Steveston Medicine Shoppe. They were so knowledgeable and friendly - they helped me find the right fit and recommended the sports compression socks since I move around a lot during work and even when I go for a run. I love the style and the colors they offer, and they're so comfortable to wear. Since I started wearing compression socks, my leg and foot pain has improved so much. I'm so grateful for their help - they've made my job and my runs so much more comfortable!"
- David, Structural Engineer.
Simple Techniques to put on compression stockings more easily
Taking compression stockings off with Butler off
Vascular surgeons explaining why only medical grade compression stockings provide benefits
Frequently Asked Questions
What are compression stockings?
Compression stockings are a type of hosiery that are designed to improve blood flow in the legs by applying pressure to the veins and muscles
Are compression stockings covered by insurance?
In many cases, compression stockings are covered by private insurance plans when they are prescribed by a doctor. However, coverage can vary depending on your insurance provider and policy, so it's important to check with your provider to confirm.
MSP covers lymphedema compression garments as part of post breast cancer therapy and all compression supplies for indigenous persons.
Are there any special care instructions for compression stockings?
It's important to follow the care instructions provided with your compression stockings. We provide made in Germany Medi brand that can be machine washed with warm water and dryer safe at low heat . It's also important to replace your stockings every 6 months as recommended to ensure they provide adequate compression.
I can get compression stockings from Amazon cheaper, why get them from you?
While the basic concept of compression stockings remains the same, there are a few key differences between those sold on Amazon and those from our store:
1. Quality: We carry Medi & CEP compression stockings that are made in Germany with medical grade material intended for medical treatment of swelling and varicose veins. Products from amazon are not intended for medical use.
2. Sizes: Medi compression stockings provides up to 7 sizes and with our certified fitting, you would get a precise fit for your legs. Amazon products do not come with fitting support and precise sizes
3. Expertise: Our certified fitters and pharmacists are trained and experienced in providing guidance in your compression stockings, while Amazon do not provide such.
4. Insurance: If your insurance covers compression stockings, it will not cover your Amazon purchases since they are not intended for medical use. Our pharmacists are experienced with dealing with insurance claims and can help you through the process.
Why would I need to wear compression stockings?
Compression stockings are often recommended for people who have circulation problems, such as varicose veins, lymphedema, or deep vein thrombosis. They can also be beneficial for people who spend long periods of time sitting or standing, such as air travelers, airline workers, restaurant workers, teachers or office workers
How do I choose the right compression stockings?
It's important to consult with your doctor or a trained specialist to determine the right level of compression and type of stocking for your needs. Factors to consider include your medical condition, activity level, and personal preferences. Proper fitting and medical grade graduated compression stockings are essential to ensure effectiveness and comfort